Within Docs, Party Admins are responsible for user account management, and are able to create and permission new users, as well as update details and permissions on existing profiles.
Adding New User Profile
To add a new user, first navigate to Docs>Users & Parties>Manage Users.
Within the Manage Users page, select "Add New User"
The only fields required are First Name, Last Name and E-mail, but other information, such as physical address and phone/fax numbers can also be added. After entering basic contact information for the user, select the "Permissions" tab. Note: You will not be able to save the user until permissions are added.
Selecting User Permissions
Within the Permissions tab, first expand the section by clicking on the arrows next to the institution name (listed on top), and then next to the party name to show the different roles the party may operate in. Then add the desired party and role level permissions for the user, and select "Save".
- User Permissions define the actions that a Docs User can perform. Some User Permissions are defined on a party by party basis. Others can be defined for a specific party role.
- The grid below shows what each permission entails.
- Firms are encouraged to have at least two Administrators permissioned at all times so that Admin actions may be completed if a given Admin is not available or has left the firm.
In the example above, the FIA Monitor firm (the Institution) contains the FIA Monitor 1 Broker party, which has two Party Roles: Executing Broker and Clearing Broker. The permission grid shows that this user is always an Agreement Initiator, however is a Legal Language Composer only when the party is in the Clearing Broker role, and a Legal Language Approver only when the party is in the Executing Broker role. The filled blue boxes indicate that at least one underlying Party or Party Role has that permission.
Selecting Email Settings
Users can have e-mail notifications sent when agreements change status, or require action. User notifications are managed through the "Email Settings" tab, as detailed in the following article. If the user does not intend to receive any system notifications, no email settings are required. Please see the following linked article for more details. https://support.fia-tech.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004597213-Managing-User-Notifications-in-Docs
- After permissions and email settings have been chosen, select Save. The user account will now be created and the user will receive a verification email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the user is already in the system but not associated with your firm please reach out to FIA Tech (Docs.Support@fia-tech.com) for assistance.