Firms may update their API credentials directly within the system, via the workflow below:
SOAP API - Expired Password
Use your API Profile Name or associated email address, and historical password to log into the UI, at https://prod.fia-tech.com. Users will then be prompted to reset the expired passwords. Follow the instructions on the screen, entering the previous password, and new password, to update. SOAP users may use this updated password to establish connectivity with no further changes.
REST API - Expired Password and API Key
1. Follow the workflow in the "SOAP API - Expired Password" section to update the password associated with your account.
2. Once the password has been updated, use the new credentials to log into the application. Please note, you may receive a message that you are not permissioned for a given service upon logging in. Ignore this message and proceed to step 3.
3. Once in the system, access your API profile through the UserHub tool in the upper right corner of the application, via the “Welcome, <username>” link.
4. Within the API Profile page, select “Generate New Docs Api Key” to create the new key, and select “Yes, Generate New Key” in the following confirmation message:
5. The new key will then be displayed and available for use. Please update your systems to use this updated key for your API calls. Firms leveraging vendors for API calls will need to ensure that updated credentials have been implemented in all systems using Docs API connectivity, to support data integration going forward.