Every Internal RCV trade contains an eRecs created Gemini GiveUp Reference.
The Gemini GiveUp Reference is, most commonly, set up as "Exchange-TCBrokerCode-ClearingAccount" which is required to be mapped to a Legal Entity in eRecs. This assigns a responsible billing entity to the trades.
When a Gemini GiveUp Reference is first populated in eRecs and/ or missing a mapping to a Legal Entity...
- An Error Line will load in the Error Log. This line in the Error Log notifies the users that trades have loaded into eRecs which created a new Gemini GiveUp Reference that requires a mapping.
- Individual trades related to the Gemini GiveUp Reference missing a Legal Entity mapping, will be marked with a small purple “B” in the Indicator column. This indicates a Billed Entity Break because the Gemini GiveUp Reference is not yet mapped to a Legal Entity.
Note: The Billed Entity Break (purple B) will prevent eRecs from Auto Affirming Exact Matches.
Mapping the Gemini GiveUp Reference (2 options)
Once a Billed Entity mapping is created for a Gemini GiveUp Reference, the mapping will be applied to trades in the following EOD processing. During the EOD the Billed Entity Break indicator will be removed from trades.
The Error Log records all the instances of unmapped Gemini GiveUp References. Mappings for the unmapped Gemini GiveUp References can be created from the Error Log.
- The Error Log screen is found under the Administration tab.
- Once in the Error Log screen, users will need to apply the following filters and review:
- Date: The date range is associated with the trade file load date which contained the errors.
- Error Class: Error class should be filtered on “Attention”. Once this is selected, the Error Type will populate type of Attention class errors for given date range.
- Error Type: GiveUp Reference requires mapping to a Legal Entity and Address
- After loading the search, the details will load in the grid.
- To correct these errors, select the error line, then select “View Error Detail”.
- The unmapped Gemini GiveUp Reference will be in the giveupref field
- Select the correct Billed Entity from the drop-down menu on the right under Solution.
- Once the Billed entity is selected, check the box under ‘Address’.
- Then select Fix.
The Gemini GiveUp Reference mappings can also be created in the Give Up Reference Remap screen.
- The Give Up Reference Remap screen is found under the Administration tab.
- Once in the Give Up Reference Remap screen, enter the Gemini Giveup Reference in the search bar.
- User should select Include unmapped give up reference.
- The table will populate the Gemini Giveup Reference with the Billed Entity Legal Name blank.
- Select the line and select Next.
- User will choose a Billed Entity (Legal Entity) from the table
- Check the choice box on the Entity to create the mapping to
- Select Finish