This article is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice or definitive advice of any nature from FIA Tech to any party. FIA Tech encourages you to consult with your own legal counsel. This article does not constitute representations or warranties of or by FIA Tech and does not in any way form part of any agreement or terms between FIA Tech and any party.
In the Fall of 2020, FIA Tech created a revised Data Processing Addendum (DPA) for all customers. This revised DPA was provided, in part, to replace Privacy Shield as the mechanism upon which personal data will be transferred. Along with the opportunity for each legal entity using Docs or OCR within the FIA Tech Accelerate platform to sign the updated DPA, FIA Tech also created the ability to record the Country of Legal Domicile and Contact Information for DPA related issues. Providing this information is currently not a requirement for legal entities, but rather an option to provide more detail in case further correspondence is necessary.
If a user of a legal entity has signed the DPA electronically in either Docs or OCR, they will be presented with a pop-up window to provide the Country of Legal Domicile and Contact Information (pictured below). The pop-up window will appear when the user initially accesses either the Docs or OCR application and will allow the user who signed the DPA to populate these details if they choose. Otherwise, the 'Dismiss' button may be selected.
(Note: If Legal Domicile and Contact Details have been provided, but it is then determined that the user who signed the DPA was not an authorized signer, FIA Tech can remove the 'Signed' status, however, the domicile and contact details will remain in the system and will need to be updated, if necessary, by the new signatory.)
How to Enter Information
- The top left of the page will display the legal entity for which this information is being provided.
- The second row will show the 'Country of Legal Domicile' with a dropdown menu to select, and the 'State or Province' (optional) with a dropdown menu to select.
- The Contact Type can then be selected. Next to each Contact Type is an information link, which, if selected, will display a definition of the Contact Type.
- Selecting the N/A box next to a Contact Type will remove the ability to fill in the fields to the right.
- The drop-down next to each Contact Type includes the ability to copy the contact details from other lines.
- Select "Save" after all desired details have been entered.
- Country of Legal Domicile (Sate or Province is Optional)
- Representing Firm and e-mail address OR First Name, Last Name and e-mail address
Accessibility, Updates & Changes
- If these details need to be viewed, updated or changed, they can be found in the 'Agreements & Protocols' section of the User Hub. At this time, only the user who signed the DPA and entered domicile and contact details will be able to view or update them. Additional users from the denoted legal entity will be able to view these details in a future Docs system release.
- To update or change these details, select the person icon to the right of the legal entity of the signed DPA to navigate to the main DPA contacts page.
For More Information
For more details regarding the DPA, please see the following articles, or contact us at email@example.com.