FIA Technology Services, Inc. (“FIA Tech”) provides certain services and processes to the futures, options and centrally cleared derivatives markets, including managing legal agreements, settling brokerage fees, meeting regulatory requirements and automating reconciliation processes. We are committed to fair information principles across the organization and in all our products and services in order to carry out our mission to the global markets.
We provide more information about our data practices at these links:
- SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
- AN OVERVIEW OF THE SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES FIA TECH PROCESS?
- WHAT DOES FIA TECH DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
- RIGHT TO ACCESS, CORRECT, RESTRICT USE OF AND ERASE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- LAWS AND LEGAL RIGHTS
- SALE OF BUSINESS
- DOES THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLY WHEN I LINK TO OTHER WEBSITES OR SERVICES?
- COULD MY INFORMATION BE TRANSFERRED TO OTHER COUNTRIES?
- RESOLUTION OF COMPLAINTS
- TREATMENT OF DATA COLLECTED UNDER PRIOR EU-U.S. AND SWISS-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK ADHERENCE
- HOW WILL I KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
- WHOM DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY PRIVACY QUESTIONS?
- APPLICABLE LAW
This Privacy Statement relates to information processed by FIA Tech (also referred to in this Privacy Statement as “we” or “us” or “our”) when: (1) you use our Information Services; (2) submitted to us in connection with a Service Platform or System User; (3) you otherwise directly engage with FIA Tech, including, but not limited to, via email, other electronic communication, or phone call; or (4) gathered as part of our sales, marketing or support activities.
“Corporate Affiliate” means any person or entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with FIA Tech, whether by ownership or otherwise. Any information relating to you that we provide to our Corporate Affiliates will be treated by those Corporate Affiliates in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
“Information Services” refers to our website, functionality offered on our website (such as downloads), and our email, telephone, and other support processes offered through technological means.
“You” or “your” refers to the individual who uses our Information Services, submits information to FIA Tech, or is an employee, contractor or customer of an entity that uses one of FIA Tech’s services, or otherwise directly engages with FIA Tech.
The terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization.
“Personal information” or “personal data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, and may include things such as your name, physical address, email address, phone number, login information, marketing preferences, company affiliation, or payment card information.
The terms “Privacy Shield,” “Privacy Shield Framework,” and “Privacy Shield Principles” refer to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks and the principles contained therein. For more information, visit https://www.privacyshield.gov.
“Service Platform” refers to any of the fee-based services offered by FIA Tech.
“System User” is an entity or individual accessing and using the Service Platform.
2. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement explains our information practices and the choices you can make about the way FIA Tech processes your personal information.
Other policies or governing arrangements may also apply concerning your data rights if your personal information is processed in a Service Platform. These include, but are not limited to:
- A Master Services Agreement (“MSA”), one of the other agreements governing a Service Platform, and/or any related data processing amendments (these agreements apply when your firm contracts with FIA Tech to become a customer of one of our Service Platforms); or
- A Data Processing Agreement (“DPA”) or equivalent non-disclosure agreement with any third-party service provider or Corporate Affiliates.
We are committed to data ethics and transparency in all of our dealings with you.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We may update these policies and statements from time to time.
This Privacy Statement does not address personal information that may be provided to FIA Tech in connection with a job application or employment relationship. FIA Tech provides a separate privacy notice to job applicants and employees.
3. AN OVERVIEW OF THE SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
FIA Tech may obtain information about individuals in these ways:
- when you visit our website (through cookies) or contact us directly (by emails or calls) to inquire about our products, services, pricing, or initiatives,
- when you engage with our support staff,
- when you engage as part of an industry initiative, either directly through us, or through our parent non-profit trade association, the Futures Industry Association (the “FIA”),
- when you create a profile on a Service Platform,
- when you engage with us on social media,
- when an individual becomes, or engages in services, as a System User,
- through trade shows or industry conferences,
- indirectly when:
- you are, or work on behalf of, a service provider to or strategic partner of FIA Tech,
- your firm becomes, or engages in services, as a System User,
- your personal information is processed in connection with a document, transaction, profile, record, report or other functionality of a Service Platform;
- FIA Tech receives data from futures, commodities or derivatives exchanges or market participants.
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES FIA TECH PROCESS?
Typically our collection and use of personal information is limited to contact information about you and your firm when you use our Information Services, submit personal information to us in connection with a Service Platform or System User, otherwise directly engage with FIA Tech, including, but not limited to, via email, other electronic communication, or phone call, or as gathered as part of our sales, marketing or support activities.
When FIA Tech processes personal information on behalf of System Users, we may indirectly obtain your personal information.
FIA Tech processes this information:
- Contact information: name, preferred salutation, address, title, telephone number, email address, or other contact information,
- Internal identifiers: account number, customer number, employee number,
- Digital identifiers: IP address, browser generated information, device information, geo-location markers, and other digital identifiers used for tracking or location purposes,
- Log-in details, passwords and credentials,
- Interest in or support in connection with our services,
- Signature, and
- Information associated with your name on any record, document, or transaction processed by a Service Platform.
FIA Tech may collect personal information that is necessary for legitimate business purposes. FIA Tech will use this information for the purposes for which it was collected. FIA Tech may also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
5. WHAT DOES FIA TECH DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
FIA Tech may use your personal information for operational, legal, administrative, and other purposes permitted by applicable law. In general, we use the information collected to operate and administer our Service Platforms for System Users and customers, to provide our Information Services, for internal operations such as operating and improving the FIA Tech website and our customer service functions, and to facilitate the delivery of FIA Tech advertising in some cases, including using your email to send information to you about our services.
If you identify yourself to us by sending us an email with questions or comments, we may use your information (including personal information) to respond to your questions or comments, and we may file your questions or comments (with your personal information) for future reference. We may also use the information collected to send announcements and updates regarding FIA Tech services. We may also use the information gathered to perform statistical analysis of user behavior or to evaluate and improve the FIA Tech Information Services and Service Platforms.
Some of the specific ways we may use personal information include:
- Providing you with requested products or services,
- Supporting your use of our Service Platforms, Information Services or other products and services,
- Providing you with information regarding similar products or events,
- Analyzing and monitoring the use of our products and services,
- Providing customized product and service information,
- Inviting you to participate in mailings or other events, which may include product surveys or participation in industry initiatives that we announce from time to time,
- Providing product service updates, information and alerts,
- Sending communications, including for marketing or other customer satisfaction purposes,
- Order processing and billing,
- To contact you or your firm for information verification purposes, and
- For our legitimate business interests when such a use is reasonable, given your relationship with FIA Tech and your reasonable expectations for how your personal information will be used, or, in the normal course of business processing in a System Platform.
6. RIGHT TO ACCESS, CORRECT, RESTRICT USE OF AND ERASE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We strive to make sure that our information is reliable, accurate, and current. While personal information is maintained by FIA Tech, you may access your personal information as permitted by law to ensure that it is accurate. If you are not an FIA Tech System User, but you are a customer or client of an FIA Tech System User, you should contact the System User with whom you do business to make any requests relating to your personal information. FIA Tech will process such personal information in accordance with any MSA, DPA, or other agreement that governs our relationship with the particular System User.
Depending on the laws of the jurisdiction in which you live, you may have rights in your personal information.
For Residents of the European Union
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides EU residents with certain rights in their personal information. You have the right to access your information, and in some circumstances to correct or erase it. You may also restrict or object to its use.
EU residents have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in an EU member state. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests from EU residents wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If FIA Tech only processes your personal information on behalf of a System User then, in the first instance, you should contact the System User to exercise your data rights.
In the event we are unable to resolve any complaints you may have about our handling of your personal data, EU residents have the right, under certain conditions, to invoke a binding arbitration. Individuals may file a complaint with our designated independent alternative resolution provider. See the section titled “Resolution of Complaints” for more information.
For Residents of Nevada
Nevada residents have the right to access and/or correct their personal information, or opt out of the sale of personal information.
If you are a Nevada resident and would like to review, correct, or update your personal information, you or your authorized representative may submit your request to email@example.com. We will respond to your verified request as soon as reasonably practicable, but no later than sixty (60) days after receipt. If circumstances cause any delay in our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for our response.
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties. Under Nevada law, residents have the right to direct us to not sell or license your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, if applicable, you or your authorized representative may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your verified request as soon as reasonably practicable, but no later than sixty (60) days after receipt. If circumstances cause any delay in our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for our response.
7. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
FIA Tech may disclose personal information to its Corporate Affiliates.
FIA Tech may disclose personal information to service providers or strategic partners for the purposes of operating our business; delivering, improving and customizing our products or services; sending marketing and other communications related to our business; payment processing and other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law, or otherwise with your consent.
There may also be instances when FIA Tech may need to disclose your personal information to honor a request that you have made through the products or services or when we believe we are required to do so as a matter of law. For more information, see the section titled “Laws and Legal Rights” below.
In addition, FIA Tech may share personal information if there is a change in FIA Tech’s ownership. This situation is detailed in the section titled “Sale of Business” below.
As a processor on behalf of System Users, FIA Tech may be instructed to disclose personal information to other System Users or counterparties, or, in some instances, to fulfill regulatory requirements.
FIA Tech may be required, and reserves the right to, disclose personal data to public authorities for security or law enforcement purposes when lawfully required to do so in response to legal mechanisms.
8. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
FIA Tech has physical, administrative, and technical safeguards in place to help protect the personal information FIA Tech collects and stores. We will take reasonable and appropriate steps, in view of the risks, to ensure the security of your personal information while it is in our custody and control.
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
FIA Tech will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Because certain personal information—for example, your email address—is required to use our paid-for services, we retain that personal information as long as your account is active. We may retain and use your personal information after you have canceled your account as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
As a processor for System Users, FIA Tech will maintain data for so long as indicated in the agreement with the particular System User.
When visiting the FIA Tech website or using one of our Service Platforms, our servers may query your computer to see if there are cookies previously set by FIA Tech. A cookie is a text file that is created when your browser visits a particular website, such as an FIA Tech website. Afterwards, every time you visit the FIA Tech website, your browser retrieves and sends this file to the FIA Tech website’s server. Cookies enhance the website user experience by:
- Helping FIA Tech authenticate you as a user when you log in to a secure area of the website;
- Storing information about your website user activities so you may easily pick up where you left off on the FIA Tech server’s pages;
- Storing your user preferences, which allows you to customize how information is presented through site layouts or themes; and
- Personalizing the manner in which FIA Tech responds to you via marketing communications.
The cookies FIA Tech collects may include the following information: a unique identifier, user preferences, and/or profile information used to personalize the content shown to the individual users. It is your choice whether you allow FIA Tech to store such information on your computer or device. You may be able to set your web browser to alert you when a cookie is being used, and may use your browser to accept or reject the cookie; additionally, you may also disable the cookie feature on your browser entirely. However, disabling cookies may prevent you from using some features on FIA Tech websites.
11. LAWS AND LEGAL RIGHTS
We may disclose your information (including personal information) if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process. We may disclose personal information in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms of service, to detect fraud, or to protect the safety and/or security of our users, the FIA Tech website, or the general public.
FIA Tech is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
We also may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
12. SALE OF BUSINESS
We reserve the right to transfer information to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, dissolution or other transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of FIA Tech or any of its Corporate Affiliates, or that portion of FIA Tech or any of its Corporate Affiliates to which the information relates, or in the event that we discontinue our business or file a petition or have filed against us a petition in bankruptcy, reorganization or similar proceeding, provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
13. DOES THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLY WHEN I LINK TO OTHER WEBSITES OR SERVICES?
We may provide you with access to other websites and services. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any websites or services other than those provided by FIA Tech, including those of our Corporate Affiliates. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of each and every such website and service. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by us.
14. COULD MY INFORMATION BE TRANSFERRED TO OTHER COUNTRIES?
FIA Tech is incorporated in the United States. Information collected by us may be transferred to our offices, Corporate Affiliates or third parties located in the United States. In addition, information collected by us may be transferred to locations throughout the world, wherever our business contacts and counterparties may be located, and this information may be viewed and processed in countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
15. RESOLUTION OF COMPLAINTS
FIA Tech commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. If you have inquiries or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or wish to exercise any of the rights described in this Privacy Statement, you may contact us at email@example.com.
16. TREATMENT OF DATA COLLECTED UNDER PRIOR EU-U.S. AND SWISS-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK ADHERENCE
FIA Tech has withdrawn from the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. However, FIA Tech has certified to the Department of Commerce that, with respect to personal data received in reliance upon Privacy Shield, it will retain such data and provide adequate protection for such data by another authorized means.
17. HOW WILL I KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
We may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time without notice. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically for any changes.
18. WHOM DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY PRIVACY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or our adherence to its terms, please contact our Privacy Agent in any of the following ways:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By postal mail or courier:
ATTN: FIA Global Data Protection Team
2001 K Street NW
Suite 730 – North Tower
Washington, D.C. 20006, USA
Our representative in the United Kingdom and European Union can be contacted at:
- By email: email@example.com
- By postal mail or courier:
Attn: FIA Global Data Protection Team
Achieved Compliance Advocacy, Ltd.
Princess House Way
Swansea, United Kingdom SA1 3LW
Attn: FIA Global Data Protection Team
Achieved Compliance Advocacy, Ltd
Singel 250, 1016 AB
19. APPLICABLE LAW
This Privacy Statement is governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA, without regard to its conflict of laws provision. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York in connection with any action or dispute arising between the parties under or in connection with this Privacy Statement.
© FIA TECH 2021. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.