THIS ARTICLE PROVIDES SYSTEM USER GENERAL GUIDANCE ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE OR DEFINITIVE ADVICE OF ANY NATURE.
THIS ARTICLE IS NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE VIEWED AS GUIDANCE FOR ALL ISSUES OR CONSIDERATIONS IN CONNECTION WITH THE 2018 FIA TECH GIVE-UP AGREEMENT TRANSFER PROTOCOL (THE PROTOCOL). PARTIES SHOULD CONSULT WITH THEIR APPROPRIATE ADVISERS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR LEGAL ADVISERS PRIOR TO ADOPTING THE PROTOCOL OR ACTING THEREUNDER, AND SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS ARTICLE. IF THERE IS ANY INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE AND THE PROVISIONS OF THE PROTOCOL, THE PROVISIONS OF THE PROTOCOL SHALL PREVAIL. FIA TECH ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY USE TO WHICH ANY OF ITS DOCUMENTATION OR OTHER DOCUMENTATION MAY BE PUT.
Images in this article contain placeholder language, and should be referenced solely for user-interface guidance.
Non-Conformed parties (non-actively managed entities on agreements in Docs) may adopt the Give-Up Agreement Transfer Protocol (the Protocol) by submitting an Adoption Letter, as detailed in Annex 1 of the Protocol, directly to FIA Tech at Protocol@fia-tech.com. By adopting the Protocol, these parties will be enabled to receive Transition Notices, and support the transitioning of agreements, pursuant to the Protocol. Individual adoption letters must be provided on behalf of each entity adopting the Protocol.
Submitting the Adoption Letter
The adoption letter can be found in annex 1 to the Protocol. It can be completed in a few easy steps:
- Complete the adoption letter using the name of the adopting entity as it appears on Give-Up Agreements as the ADOPTING PARTY.
- Include at least one email address as a Transition Notice firms should email FIA Tech at email@example.com).
- Adoption letter must be printed on company letterhead
- Each adoption letter must be signed and dated
- All adoption letters must be sent to FIA Tech as a locked PDF copy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the adoption letter has been accepted and approved by FIA Tech, it will be uploaded to Docs and published on our website, at which time the party will be deemed a Protocol adopter. The Docs Counterparty report will also reflect the adoption and counterparties may download a copy of any non-conformed party from here.
Parties that adopt the Protocol may revoke the adoption of the Protocol in the future, according to the terms of the Protocol.
Once an adoption letter has been received, FIA Tech will review to ensure proper details are included, and will follow up with the submitter if any changes are required. If the provided adoption letter is sufficient, FIA Tech will upload into Docs on behalf of the designated party, after which the entity will be included in the Adopting Parties list.
Sharing Protocol Adoption Information with Non-Conformed Parties
Attached to this article is a document outlining the Protocol adoption process for non-conformed parties. Conformed parties are welcome to provide this document to non-conformed counterparties when they perform outreach related to the Protocol.