Creating an alias in eRecs will associate different values as one. This will allow for matching across different Broker Codes (receivables only), Product codes and clearing accounts.
When two different values are aliased it creates an Alias Group. One or many Broker Codes, Products or accounts can belong to one Alias Group. Aliasing is eRecs specific and the underlying data is not changed.
With aliasing, entries in the same alias group are treated as equivalent and entries in separate alias groups are considered different.
User can view current aliases in the system by selecting the Info button on the top of the recon screen. Aliases are specific to receivables/ payables and the data source which should be considered when reviewing the Info menu.
eRecs allows the users to create Alias Groups for:
- Broker Codes (receivable only)
- Commodity Code
- Clearing Accounts
How to create an Alias
- User should highlight the broker code, product (contract) code, or the clearing account from the external value to the internal value
- Select the Tools drop down menu
- Select create Alias (F8)
- The screen will prompt user to confirm alias
- Then the red hatching on the internal field will disappear, confirming the alias is created
- Aliases are applied on a going forward basis to all new matches created. User should unmatch the trades that currently have the Broker diff, Contract diff, or Account diff match level and allow the system to rematch the trades in the following end of day process
A problematic alias occurs when the same value is in two alias groups, one on internal and one on external. Any Broker code, Product, or account can only be included in one alias group. The problematic aliases are listed in the Alias tab of the main Info button. Aliases can be edited on the trade line using Tools- Edit Alias. User can remove the aliased value from one of the Alias groups.
Exchange aliasing is controlled by the FIA-Tech Admin. During onboarding set up firms will submit the exchange codes in their own symbology mapped to the corresponding standard eRecs exchange code/name. Any Exchange Aliases that need to be added/ updated should be raise to eRecs Support.
Currency Codes are maintained by FIA-Tech Admin as well and submitted during onboarding setup. Any Currency Aliases that need to be added/ updated should be raise to eRecs Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.