As of the Sprint 201 release, Docs allows for Bulk Agreement Initiation in the system. Users with Agreement Initiator permission are able to initiate multiple agreements with at least two consistent parties (i.e. EB and CB), but with multiple additional parties (i.e. Customer) at the same time. For example, multiple agreements with the same Executing and Clearing Broker, but multiple Customer parties can be initiated in bulk, with no limit on how many agreements can be initiated at one time.
Creating Bulk Agreements
The new Bulk Agreement Initiation feature can be found on the existing GUA Initiation page, where the details will be displayed within the "Select Parties" section after the Agreement Template is selected. The party roles that display are determined by the Agreement Type.
Each of the parties that will stay consistent (not change) must be added first. After these parties are added, the user will be able to add multiple other parties in the role they are changing, meaning additional parties can only be added for one role at at time (all Customer, all CB, etc.). Additional Parties can be added by clicking the Add (+) button to the right of each role in the "Select Parties" section.
- In the example below, the Initiator of the agreement has added all of the consistent parties first, and by clicking the Add (+) button for "CBs", the Initiator is now able to add multiple Clearing Broker parties.
Once the Add (+) button is selected, an additional row will populate, and will update the Party Roles to "Clearing Broker 1" and "Clearing Broker 2". To add additional Clearing Broker parties, the user would click the Add (+) button for "CBs" until all of the Clearing Broker parties they wished to have are listed. There is no limit to the number of agreements that can be initiated at one time. To remove additional parties that may have been added in error, select the red "X" to remove the party.
The total number of agreements that will be initiated will automatically update as the parties are added or removed.
Important things to note:
- When using the Bulk Agreement Initiation feature, the agreement initiator is not able to change their own party.
- Once the initiator begins to add the party names for Bulk Agreement Initiation, the "Save Draft" option will no longer be available. The "Save Draft" feature is only available for individual GUA initiation.
- Any Party Not Found or Visibility Requests will function in the same manner as individually initiated agreements.
- Advanced Initiation tools are also available when creating bulk agreements, so the initiator is able to select advanced initiation details, such as the Agreement Dates, Jurisdiction, adding Rate Schedules, etc. prior to clicking "Initiate Agreement".
Once the agreement is initiated, a pop-up window will display which gives an overview of the agreements being initiated. The total number of agreements will display, as well as a count of "Agreements in Composition", "Pending Initiation", and "Duplicate Agreements" (see more details in the following section).
By clicking the green "Initiate Agreements" button again, these agreements will be initiated, and the initiator will automatically be taken to the Agreement Search page.
The initiator of agreements will also get an e-mail with details of what agreements were initiated, etc. This e-mail will be sent regardless of any e-mail notifications selected in their user profile.
If there are existing duplicate agreements of the same type, with the same parties, the pop-up will indicate this with the number of duplicate agreements and a warning triangle next to the party that is a duplicate. Any duplicate agreements are able to be excluded by selecting the tick box on the bottom of the screen.
Please sign in to leave a comment.