Each party in Docs has its own Rate Schedule Library that is accessible within the application and managed by user with permission to upload and edit rates within the library. Any rate schedule added to the library of a party becomes accessible for addition to agreements by users of that party.
Accessing and Navigating the Rate Schedule Library
The Rate Schedule Library can be found under the "Rate Schedules" menu in the system navigation bar. While all users have access to browse the rate schedule library, only users with the "Rate Schedule Maintainer" permission can upload rates into the library.
Once in the rate schedule library, you can either browse the available rate schedules by navigating through the paged table, or search for rate schedules by party or name.
The Party search consists of a drop-down that lets you select from the list of parties you have access to in Docs. To find a rate schedule by name, use the "Find Rate Schedule" search box. This is a free form text field, any search will find all rate schedules with names matching the search criteria.
In the list of available rate schedules, you will see the following information:
- Rate schedule name: this is always hyperlinked, selecting it will open up the rate schedule for review. The buttons next to the name can be used to delete, upload a new rate schedule and download the rate schedule
- Version: on a brand new rate schedule you will always see version number "1", any time a new rate schedule with the same name is uploaded, the version name goes up by one
- Created Date: date the first version was uploaded
- Created By: who uploaded the first version
- Last Modified Date: date the most recent update to the rate schedule was made
- Last Modified By: who made the last modification
- Party Roles: party roles the rate schedule is available for
If no search criteria is selected, all rate schedules visible to you will display.
Upload a New Rate Schedule
New eRates can be added to the library by users with the Rates Library Maintainer permission. Selecting the "Choose File" button in the "Upload Another Rate Schedule" section will allow you so select an eModule from your computer to upload into the system.
Upon upload, the selection of the party name the rate schedule is associated with (if the user has access to multiple parties), as well as the roles of "Customer", "Trader", "EB", or "CB" must be defined.
The party name and role selections determine which rate schedules will display when the "Search Library" button is selected while editing the "Rate Schedule" workstream of a Docs agreement.
If a rate schedule with the same name as the file being uploaded already exists in the library, Docs will warn you that you are about to create a new version of the existing schedule. You still have the option to cancel the upload at this point. If you don't want to overwrite the current version, you will have to rename the file prior to upload.
Rate Schedule Validation Errors
When the rate schedule is uploaded, Docs runs the full rate schedule validation on the rates. If your rate schedule passes all validations you will receive a success message letting you know that your schedule was successfully uploaded.
Any errors in the rate schedule will result in the full upload failing and you will receive an error message detailing the issues and which rows within the rate schedule they appear in. Note that a single rate line may have multiple errors. In order to ensure that you receive as few errors as possible, we recommend running the validations in the eModule prior to uploading. The validations in the eModule itself will catch the most common issues on rates.
- Uploaded file is not in the correct file format: the file cannot be read because it is not in the correct eModule format. If you hid columns in the eModule, or the file you are trying to upload is not a macro enabled Excel file you will receive this error
- Invalid product information: the product does not exist in Docs product reference data: some part of the product information (region, exchange, product group, product name, product type) does not appear as an active product in reference data
- Invalid spread type: the selected spread type is not part of Docs reference data
- Invalid trade type: the selected trade type is not part of Docs reference data
- Invalid or missing rate type: no rate type has been selected, or the selected rate type is not part of Docs reference data
- Invalid currency information: no currency has been selected, or if the selected currency does not exist in reference data
- Invalid brokerage rate specified: no brokerage amount has been specified, or the specified amount is not a valid number. Note that if you are using volume discount or banding, this field should always be blank and the brokerage amount is specified within the volume discount and banding columns
- Missing execution method information: no execution method has been selected, or the selected execution method does not exist in reference data
- Missing default execution method: no execution method has been designated as the default
- Multiple default execution methods for the same product: the same product has multiple execution methods selected as default
- Invalid band rate setup: a banded rate has been set up incorrectly
- Invalid volume discount rate setup: a volume discount rate has been set up incorrectly
- Invalid/missing min/max information: the min/max information is incomplete, or invalid
- Invalid/missing add on information: the add on information is incomplete, or invalid